Immigration Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is Permanent Residency Card?

    PR card is like a permanent visa. Having this card, you can live, study and work like all the residents. The only difference between citizens and PRs is voting right. The PRs can get their citizenship by filling 3 out of 5 years’ residency.

  2. What is the difference between work visa and PR?

    Work Visa is temporary. So work visa holders cannot access the free services as PRs like free ESL courses, Unemployment Insurance, Medical insurance, Pension and so on.

  3. Can one apply for PR and temporary visa at the same time?

    Yes, one can have dual intent and it is fine.

  4. Can you evaluate my eligibility in your organization (ICGCI)?

    Sure, you will be asked to fill the free evaluation form to assess your skills. If you are confident about your eligibility. If you need to know more about our services, call us.

  5. Do I need work experience to immigrate?

    Work experience is an essential factor for Skilled Worker category. Minimum work experience is a one-year full time according to Canadian Immigration policy.

  6. Should work experience and education be related?

    Not necessarily. As long as the job qualifies you for having enough score, you are good to go.

  7. Does having relative help immigration process?

    Yeah, if applicant, or his/her partner, has a PR/citizen relative in Canada, it will help. It includes your children, mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece, grandparents.

  8. What is PNP?

    PNP stands for Provincial Nominee Program. In this program, applicant will be needed to reside in that specific province. It is good to mention that majority of provinces contribute to this plan.

  9. Which provinces are in PNP program?
    • Manitoba
    • Saskatoon
    • New Brunswick
    • British Columbia
    • Ontario
    • Now Found lands and Labrador
    • Nova Scotia
    • Prince Edward
    • Alberta
    • Yukon
  10. How can I apply for PNP?

    You need to apply for provincial first. Receiving provincial approval, you will need to send your documents to Federal for PR application.

  11. What’s the benefit of PNP?

    It’s one of the quickest immigration path.

  12. What are the qualification of entrepreneur program?

    The applicant needs to have enough work experience in a certain business in a way that can establish that business in Canada or purchase it. This business should nurture Canadian economy, culture, sport or agriculture. Also, it should generate enough income to make you bale to support your family.

    • Minimum Investment $100,000.00
    • Two years work experience in that field of activity
Switch The Language

    Immigration Consultants Group Canada Incorporation (ICGCI) is a trusted Canadian immigration consultancy firm located in Vancouver, BC.

    Vancouver Office

    1861 Welch St, North Vancouver, BC V7P 1B7


    +1 (604) 719-8200


    [email protected]